Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

All About Me...

I love science experiments, and learning new things.  Just last week one of my students asked me how long trees can live and how long does it take to get to outer space, and thanks to google I was able to answer him right away.  One of my favourite Science topics is learning about Health and Bodies. 

We always start our lesson about Health by having the students each take a sprinkle of glitter into their hands.  I ask them to then shake hands with another student and they can see the transfer of "germs" to the other.  I will ask one student to go wash their hands, and they then can witness the transfer to the tap of the sink and that its difficult to wash the "germs" all off without really washing their hands. 

During this unit we discuss our bodies, taking a look at our digestive system muscular, and skeletal.  The students are fascinated at what we can do.   Below is one of the projects done by the students. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am a pre-service health education major. My question for you is what is something you look forward to everyday being a teacher?

    Sincerely,
    A future educator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that everyday is different, the students make it very enjoyable and the staff can help you keep your sanity on those rough days :)

    ReplyDelete